An ad for the forthcoming Halo 3 commercial (airing tomorrow in the States and Friday 15th over here) has sprung up on the ESPN website giving another minor glimpse of what is to come.
Showing the same dusty wasteland as the previously released screenshot (and presumably the same setting as in the announcement trailer), Master Chief’s helmet is off, laying on the ground. Why?
Will we see his face in the ad? Pfft… not likely. I’m guessing the camera will conveniently cut away as he picks it up. True Bungie-style.
Here’s a few details from Bungie about the ad –
- The commercial is 60 seconds long.
- It will air during Monday Night Football on December 4th. Sometime around 6-ish, PST.
- That’s the US date. Everyone else will get a chance to see it soon (UK – Channel 4, Friday December 15, at 22.45).
- An HD version will appear on marketplace fairly soon.
- The commercial is a mix of CG and Live Action.
- It is not supposed to represent gameplay.
- It is supposed to show pure action from the Halo universe. Think of it like the Graphic Novel.
- It was made by Hollywood effects house, Digital Domain.
- Digital Domain did base its stuff on our in-game 3D models.
- It is packed full of clues and stuff.
- It is nifty.
- We may host it on Bungie.net at some time in the future.
Personally, I’m psyched about the commercial and even though it seems its only purpose is to fix in the minds of many that Halo 3 is well and truly on its way, the tiny glimpses we’ve seen so far look awesome.
Live action and CGI? Is this more than an ad and something of a test for public reaction to a CGI realisation of Halo? The movie is on hold (potentially cancelled), perhaps we will see something like this in the future? I’ve always thought the Halo universe would be perfect for a CGI TV series, maybe this is the beginning of just that very idea.
Expect to see the ad on this very site the second it becomes available.
76 Comments so far
Leave a comment