So you may have seen posts on various sites recently, or perhaps the particularly high flying of you out there caught this live in action… but it would seem some folk have been spotted showing that they’ve been playing ‘Halo 3 Epsilon’ in their Xbox Live status.
Naturally the internet pretty much caught fire the second this was found, with rampant fan speculation as to what exactly this ‘Epsilon’ was. Was it a new game? An XBLA release? Or just a final build of Halo 3?
Well, it would seem we now have the answer. As not long after the story hit the web, an anonymous source sent in a copy of the email sent out with the internal invite to take part in Halo 3 Epsilon:
Congratulations on being selected to participate in the Halo 3 Epsilon! The Epsilon is now available for download on Marketplace!
First, unlike the Alpha, Beta or Delta, this is a very special test in that not only will you be testing nearly final Halo 3 Matchmaking, you will also be able to:
* Play Multiplayer on six maps: Snowbound, High Ground, Valhalla, Last Resort, Epitaph and our new big map, Sandtrap.
* Play Custom Games and test out full game variant editing.
* Play with the Forge and be able to cooperatively edit and save multiplayer map variants.
* Play up to 4 person co-op on a single Campaign level.
* Play and test the full Saved Film functionality, including screenshots you can view in-game for Campaign, Multiplayer and Forge.
So it would seem Microsoft and Bungie are having another internal testing session, only this time with much more content than was available in the public beta we all got to play with. Epsilon seems to be showcasing everything magazine press has seen so far, including Forge, new maps (Sandtrap, Last Resort, Epitaph), saved film functionality, 4 player co-op and more.
And whilst it’s unlikely we’ll ever be seeing this ‘Epsilon’ build of the game in the form of a demo on Marketplace, if the past is anything to go by – you can pretty much guarantee some video footage is going to find it’s way out on to the web somehow – and we’ll have it the very second it does.
53 Comments so far
Leave a comment