Those thinking this week’s Bungie Update was a little light on Cold Storage information may want to look again, as it would seem that along with bringing us a lovely overhead look at the map, this week’s update also contained something of a tease regarding a possible release date, and an extra special bonus to go along with it.
When discussing July’s matchmaking updates, in particular forthcoming changes to the Double EXP weekends, a supposed ‘error’ alludes to something very interesting indeed:
Double EXP (Listed in order of appearance)
• Fourth of July – A collection of Flag, Rockets, and VIP. 5v5.
• [SPURIOUS INTERRUPT: PACKET LOST – ERROR CODE 5929]
• Fiesta – FFA featuring random weapon spawns. 8 Players.
• Grifball – Updated to use the Summer League map. 4v4.
• Team Snipers – No changes from June. 4v4.
• Team Melee – Sword and hammer-centric slayer and
*/PACKET INTERRUPTION – ERROR CODE 5929 */
*/ 93% PACKET CORRUPTION – RECOVERY UNSUCCESSFUL – DISPLAYING */
• 48hr0x0ABFFFFF [ERR 5929]
*/ END DISPLAY */
As you can see, the weekend playlist for the week following the fourth of July (just a few days after Bungie Day) isn’t listed. Instead we’re treated to garbled system message only 93% complete. From what we can tell, hidden inside are the words:
Cold Storage, Head 2 Head, Swat, DLC Slayer, 48hr
Whilst nothing is confirmed, we reckon it’s a pretty safe bet we’ll be seeing Cold Storage released free of charge this Bungie Day – July 7th; along with a new set of exclusive gamerpics and dashboard theme, and a classic Halo celebration Double EXP weekend following later in the week.
Bungie, now you’re just spoiling us.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment