7th Columnist


Bungie Announcement Cancelled!
July 16, 2008, 3:25 am
Filed under: Gaming, News

In what has to be one of the most shocking of E3 related events ever recorded, it would seem tomorrow’s Bungie reveal is no longer taking place.

A quick look over at Bungie.net – where up until a few moments ago a mysterious countdown timer had been ticking towards the announcement – shows a note from Bungie President, Harold Ryan. The note reads:

From: Harold Ryan
Sent: Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 7:00 PM
Subject: E3 Announce

For the last several months, we’ve been building toward a reveal of something exciting that Bungie is working on. We were looking forward to sharing that with our fan community during the week of E3. However, those plans were just changed by our publisher.

We realize that many of our fans are disappointed by this turn of events; members of the Bungie team share that disappointment.

When the right time comes, we look forward to sharing this exciting announcement with you. Until then, we appreciate your continued support and patience.

Harold Ryan
President
Bungie LLC

We’ve no idea what’s happened leading to this awful situation, but can CONFIRM that this is not a hoax, nor is it a media setup from Bungie. As of right now, tomorrow will see no announcement.

Stay tuned for more news.

Advertisements

10 Comments so far
Leave a comment

While Harold Ryan does work for Bungie he is not the president, and this message is rolled out at exactly 7pm to the second.

It’s planned, and remember what the images beneath it said before?

All the remain calm, delays are expected, etc.

It’s planned.

Comment by Shane

Looks like we might have to wait a little while until they reveal something about Halo ‘Blue’. September 7th, perhaps? Just guessing; They seem to like September, and they love seven. Also, it may be the ‘right time’. Just a guess – hell, they could announce something tomorrow for all I know. that’s the plain and simple tru7h. :P By the way, I just went to Bungie.net, and behind the message, I can swear that I see the Superintendent…hiding behind the message. Come out of there and TELL US SOMETHING, YOU BASTARD! >:F

Comment by chewy8126

@Shane

You make a good point. Though it seems like an incredibly cruel ‘prank’ to play on the community. Let alone the backlash that’s currently building for Microsoft. It’s difficult to know what to think.

7pm though,the strange way the news was posted, and the Superintendent’s REMAIN CALM/EXPECT DELAYS messages all seem a little fishy.

Comment by 7th Columnist

ANOTHER TRILOGY BABY!!!!!!

Comment by D

It’s fake man. it’s fake. It’s part of the ARG for this new game. Apparently ILB is still counting down.

However if this is true, I will be ticked off. And why wouldn’t they just put the site back to its normal homepage if this was true? And do a story on it?

Comment by D-thunda

They aren’t changing it…it’s true…

game over man, game over!

Comment by D-thunda

Kotaku has confirmed that bungie are working on a new halo game. In an interview with Don mattrick, shot yesterday, before the cancellation, he confirmed bungie were making a new halo game.

here’s the kicker: It’s NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PETE JACKSON PROJECT OR HALO WARS!!!

Comment by HUGE, FRONT PAGE WORTHY NEWS FROM D-thunda

LINK!

Comment by Walla

Nevermind, I found it.

http://kotaku.com/5025706/bungie-working-on-a-halo-game-says-microsoft

Comment by Walla

Simply put. This is not an ARG.

Comment by 7th Columnist




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



%d bloggers like this: